Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Heroin Chic

I am a preschool teacher. On average we are a tame bunch. All cute and sing songy. A few years ago, I worked with a really sweet girl who married young and had two small boys. At some point of her marriage she decided that she didn't actually want that kind of life. So she did the only logical thing there is to do in that situation. She went absolutely insane. We aren't talking about quirky cute crazy. No, she went Britney Spears on us. She left her husband and two boys, began to come to work in a pink wig.
Sure, you can trust me with your children.

When this occured, my friends and I tried to figure out what her deal was. Was she simply a case of a girl who married too young? Or perhaps she was on something. That got me thinking. You never hear about some one on heroin anymore. What ever happened to the grandeur of heroin chic?
Oh, yeah. That was a good look...


Instead we have the ugliness of other drugs. Instead of Kate Moss we get Amy Winehouse.

After time has passed I can say with all certainty that she was indeed on something. High on life, I think not. Especially when she started working at a bar wearing a school girl costume and shamrock pasties. A look that I not matter how time passes, I don't think I could ever pull off.

1 comment:

  1. Awe my love you have done it again. You have made my day with your witty and accurate blog of a young woman/mother gone crazy. I have to say that although this particular young woman when she was pre - crazy was a very lovely person she has clearly turned a corner and we lost the friend we sadly once had. I'm all stalked up on insane people in my life she has no place in my present or future for that matter. That being said we did learn those few valuable lessons from our Brit Brit.
    1.) Pink wigs are bad..never good always bad
    2.) Heroin also bad
    3.) Nipple pasties are only appropriate at a certain book club and you know what I mean.
    4.) Don't eat marshmallow peeps. I don't have proof of this theory but peeps just aren't right. Something is very wrong with them and I blame them for adding to this possible problem. Clearly she had done years of peep eating in her easter basket. I repeat stay away from the sugar coated demons we call peeps.....:)
    3.)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Who am I?

My photo
Pacific Northwest, WA, United States
The (Somewhat) true tales of twenty something northwest woman obsessed with Twilight, Pageants and various shallow things.

The Countdown has begun...

What am I doing here?

Beware of some mature content in here. You've been warned.

This is just the rantings of a woman who is slightly crazy. Obviously I am a bit narcissistic. I have obsessive tendencies toward a multitude of teenage directed materials. I should grow up already-but alas, here I am.

Twitter

My Blog List