Thursday, April 22, 2010

I think I’m Dumb or maybe just Happy


I recently heard a rumor that was quickly dispelled about Rob being considered for a Kurt Cobain Biopic. While I love me some Rob, (Fucking yeah, buddy I do) I just can't see Rob playing Kurt.  Sure Rob was great as Art in How to Be.
Floppy hair check, ugly sweater check

But there is a huge difference between being cute and neurotic and being strung out on heroin while performing. Not to mention Kurt married the ultimate Yoko.

I've heard rumors that Ewan McGregor or James McAvoy are options as well. While I adore these men I just can't wrap my head around the idea of it. Ethan Hawke fifteen years ago would have been perfect, but alas he's a little old now, given that Cobain was 27 when he died and Ethan Hawke is now….forty, Jesus Christ. is he that old!

Though it's common knowledge, let me remind you that Kurt is from the PacNor (Aberdeen) and so I want someone who is from around here to do it. In this area we hold a few things sacred. Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix and J.P. Patches. Kurt Cobain and Nirvana stand for the Northwest way of life. Come as You Are. (As long as you bring performance fleece and never carry an umbrella)


I would like to see someone who can really portray the torture and pain that Cobain exuded. He was a talisman for a generation and needs to be played by the right person. Personally I think Joe Anderson would be fabulous. I loved him in Across the Universe. His portrayal of a Vietnam vet in the 1960's was fantastic.




So please Courtney Love, don't fuck this one up. I am begging you!


Oh and FYI, way to shoot for the moon with having Scarlett Johansson play you. Dream a little Dream, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Who am I?

My photo
Pacific Northwest, WA, United States
The (Somewhat) true tales of twenty something northwest woman obsessed with Twilight, Pageants and various shallow things.

The Countdown has begun...

What am I doing here?

Beware of some mature content in here. You've been warned.

This is just the rantings of a woman who is slightly crazy. Obviously I am a bit narcissistic. I have obsessive tendencies toward a multitude of teenage directed materials. I should grow up already-but alas, here I am.

Twitter

My Blog List