Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The canoe journey faux pas

I work for a local tribe in Washington State not too far from Forks and LaPush. Recently the tribes had their yearly canoe jouney where they all travel by canoe to different host reservations. I was working in the first aid booth and a young man came in to get himself fixed up. I asked him about himself. He told me he was from the Quilute Reservation. Without thinkig I say. "Oh My God like Jacob!" He looked at me rolled his eyes and said. "No, not like Jacob. We're not werewolves." I hung my head as I was just told by a twelve year old. Frickin Fantastic. I try very hard to appear to be a well rounded and intelligent twenty something woman. And then I show my true colors.


This easily could be me. Only I don't own boots that cool. Damn.

Try as I might to talk about different subject such as sports. (Apparently there was some controversy with Brett Farve a year ago. I just realized last night) I can't help but compare everything to Twilight. My mom recently spotted a bear prowling her neighborhood. Mind you she lives in a residential development. There is no reason a bear would be strolling down the streets. Instead of offering a cry of shock I said.
"Maybe it was the super bear. Better bring some honey."
She looked at me and shook her head. "Twilight?"
"No" I cried before sheepishly looking down "New Moon."
Busted.


Not the super bear

I'm not sure I should just admit that I have no other interests or try to go on pretending that I have seen the light of day since September of 2008. It's a tough call. One thing I know for sure is I am completely, unconditionally and irrevocably obsessed with Twilight.


Short but sweet. Just like Alice
Here's where to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Who am I?

My photo
Pacific Northwest, WA, United States
The (Somewhat) true tales of twenty something northwest woman obsessed with Twilight, Pageants and various shallow things.

The Countdown has begun...

What am I doing here?

Beware of some mature content in here. You've been warned.

This is just the rantings of a woman who is slightly crazy. Obviously I am a bit narcissistic. I have obsessive tendencies toward a multitude of teenage directed materials. I should grow up already-but alas, here I am.

Twitter

My Blog List