Sunday, October 11, 2009

K.Stew most articulate performance

The jury is still out on Kristin Stewarts acting skills. I liked her for the five minutes she was in Into The Wild. I never saw panic room but she was ten or something when that came out. I read Speak long ago and was very pleased with her performance in the movie. however it should go without saying that she hardly "speaks" in the movie. (Oh aren't I witty.) I was impressed with her variation of Melinda. I thought it was a powerful performance.


This is my happy face

In Twilight I'm not so sure. She certainly has the clumsy awkwardness down. It's  her charm and likability that is hard to connect with. It could be in part because she doesn't come across as gracious for the huge cash cow that landed in her lap along with a super sexy costar.


That would turn my frown upside down

I recently heard about this little indie movie directed by Mary Stuart Masterson (To Wanda!) that costared K.Stew. I heard it was a gritty "Walk to Remember" (BTW bambi is grittier than a walk to remember) I decided to give it a try. I have to say that this is not a tween movie. Of course this isn't a tween blog so I am assuming you are all mature enough to see this movie. I found Kristen's portrayal very moving and endearing. She exuded the warmth I wish we could see in Twilight. If she put that much into Bella we'd be in business. The thing that strikes me the most is that she plays a girl with Friedreich's ataxia, a nueroligical disease that causes damage to muscle control as well as speech. Simply put she sounds drunk all the time and falls a lot. And she was far more articulate then in Twilight.



sputter Uh, urm a no no no. you you you sputter

So if you are up for a good Kristen Stewart performance, I would suggest The Cake Eaters. Here is a trailer if you don't believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Who am I?

My photo
Pacific Northwest, WA, United States
The (Somewhat) true tales of twenty something northwest woman obsessed with Twilight, Pageants and various shallow things.

The Countdown has begun...

What am I doing here?

Beware of some mature content in here. You've been warned.

This is just the rantings of a woman who is slightly crazy. Obviously I am a bit narcissistic. I have obsessive tendencies toward a multitude of teenage directed materials. I should grow up already-but alas, here I am.

Twitter

My Blog List